Available in 1200mm, 900mm- Residential building and
1800mm, 1500mm in Commercial areas.
The main purpose or function of the septic tank is for handling household waste and has a capacity of between 1000 and 1500 gallons. The septic tank is connected to an inlet waste water pipe at one end and to a septic drain field at the other end.
Advantages of Precast Concrete Septic Tank
- Long-term properties: Pre-cast concrete gradually strengthens over time as compare to other material used for septic tank.
- Pre-cast concrete is flexible enough to withstand extreme loading conditions without the worry of catastrophic failure.
- It is faster and easier to install as compared to the cast in-situ septic tank.
- Because of its waterproof nature, it makes it very convenient for waterlogged areas.
- It occupies a small portion of land.
- Its cheaper in-terms of labour cost, maintenance and cost of the product as compared to the materials involved in the cast in-situ septic tank.
- Environmentally friendly: Besides water, concrete is the most frequently used material on earth; it is non-toxic, environmentally safe and made from natural ingredients.
Uses of Precast Septic Tank
- The main use is for storing foul waste for future dislodging.
- For storing waste water where there is no access to public main drain and where strata of soil seem un-impervious.
- It is also used for storing water (well) at where portable water is scarce.
African Concrete products limited has qualified and trained personnel who install septic tanks regardless of the site conditions.